Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Who Am I?

Good question. (Hint: I don't really have a good answer.)

But here's as much of an answer as I do have -

I am a nineteen and a half year old girl born and raised in Orange, California. Since I graduated from high school a year ago I have been trying to Figure Out My Life, which involved a bit of travel, a bit of school, and quite a lot of procrastination (I'm not proud of it). I attend Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.

I am blessed to be the baby of my family, with an older brother at twenty-four and an older sister at twenty-two.

I'm a vegetarian.

When I was eight years old, I walked up to my mother and said, "Mom, I'm going to be an author!" Almost twelve years later, that goal is the one thing in my life that has never changed, although I did expand "author" to "writer." One of my favorite things is when people ask me what I want to write, and my answer is always, "Um, everything?" Fiction, poetry, non-fiction, drama - I want to write everything.

I am one hundred percent obsessed with New York City, and was lucky enough to spend a month there last summer. I miss the city every day, and can't wait until I get to live there permanently.

After that trip, I spent two months in Ecuador, volunteering in a kindergarten on the Galapagos Islands. That was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

And now I'm just a college girl trying not to be overwhelmed by stress and responsibilities and Being an Adult.

The rest is as much a mystery to me as it is to you.

Until later,

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment